- Understand the role of the family of origin in marriage.
- Identify historic wounds affecting the marriage.
- Recognize the function of individual personality in the construct of marriage.
- Equip couples to be proactive in building their marriage.
- Help Couples Understand the heart of marriage.
Margaret Phillips holds a Bachelor of Science from David Lipscomb University in Psychology and a Master of Science Degree from the University of Tennessee in Clinical Psychology. Immediately following graduate school, she completed the two-year program at the Family and Group Institute for Integrative Psychotherapy in Sarasota, Florida which includes training in strategic, structural, and inter-generational family systems therapy. She has been a Licensed Marital and Family Therapist since 1986, beginning her career in Florida then moving to Nashville in 1990. She has been a clinical fellow in AAMFT since 1986. She served on the board of the NAACC in many difference capacities from its inception, assistant director for 3 years and the director for 3 years. In current years, she writes, speaks, and continues her private practice. She recently authored a book, The Marriage Ark: Securing Your Marriage in a Sea of Uncertainty.