Tammy founded Co-Parenting International (2003) and is a Zondervan and Randall House author known as “America’s Co-parenting Strategist.” Jay is a pastor, author, worship leader and relationship expert. Together they have an immense passion for children and parents impacted by divorce and remarriage. They train internationally with leaders who work with complex families in churches, Army, Navy Seals, Air National Guard, pregnancy centers and mental health agencies. Together they have been featured on Focus on the Family Radio, FamilyLife, Moody Radio and over 100+ media outlets. Their digital resource, “One Heart, Two Homes” is a co-parenting program launched in 2014 and is available on RightNow Media, RightNow Media @Work and BrightCourse.com. It is now available in over 35,000 organizations around the world. Jay and Tammy are an “extra blended” family that merged four kids in 2009 and now have a three-generation household that includes five amazing grandchildren based in Nashville, TN.
Learning Objective: Participants will…
1. Understand co-parenting: communication, sharing time and making decisions between divided parents
2. Understand Competing Attachments: when love and support of someone challenges our loyalty to another person that we love and support as well (children & adults experience this)
3. Create a Healthy Hand-Off: pro-active ideas to help a child’s physical and emotional experience when transitioning between homes
4. Create Respectful Co-Parent Meetings: compartmentalized communication, pre-planned meetings, utilizing co-parent apps to increase effective communication and reduce conflict and confusion
5. Apply the Five Categories of Co-parenting: looking at the research, understand what the five categories are and how they impact children raised in divided families.
Meeting ID: 813 6072 4436